Frequently Asked Questions on CollegeTix
1. What is CollegeTix™? – CollegeTix™ is the number one source college and university students go to find, pick, rate, register to and share the hottest and latest events. It is an online event management service used by college/university events and programs which allows college and university clubs/groups/societies, organizers of college/university students-based events, students’ associations/councils/unions, student organizers and student promoters to free online promotion, online registration and online ticketing of their events on the events directory with largest selection of events and programs organized by/for college and university students.
2. Who operates this service? – CollegeTix™ is offered, operated and owned by Sylver Productions, a subsidiary of The SKA Group Inc.
3. Can I use CollegeTix™ even if I do not want to sell tickets? – Yes, CollegeTix™ is an avenue for free online promotion of events as well as the online event registration.
4. Why should I use CollegeTix™ for the hosting of my event? – CollegeTix™ has the flexibility to effortlessly promote and share events via email and numerous social networking platforms like Delicious, Digg, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Twitter and more by simply clicking the ShareThis button. It also has wide reach because of its vast user base. Plus it is forever absolutely free.
5. Why should I use CollegeTix™ instead of other e-ticketing sites? – It is the easiest, fastest and most student-friendly way to reach other students and people outside local communities and generate sales because it has both credit card and debit card payment options. It is also free for first events, it charges a mere five percent of the gross revenue of ticket sales for subsequent events, it is primarily student-oriented, and its service fee of 3% + $0.55CAD per ticket is highly competitive and reasonable compared to those of other e-ticketing sites.
Frequently Asked Questions on Posting Events
1. How do I post my events? – It is very easy. Click on the Post an Event tab and fill the form with the organizer information, event information, event flyer, and ticket variations and prices. Alternatively, you can watch this clip which shows just how to use CollegeTix™.
2. How long does it take to post an event? – It does not take long to set up a profile for an event. All things being equal, we guarantee the profile will be ready or a response will be sent within twenty-four hours (24hrs) at the most after it is sent in.
3. How long does it take for an event to go live? – Most students typically buy tickets closer to the date of the event than in advance. To that effect, by default, posted events go live ten (10) days prior to the event date. An earlier date can however be arranged if requested.
Frequently Asked Questions on Privacy
Frequently Asked Questions on Tickets
1. How can I set up different prices? – While filling out the “post an event” form, there is an allowance for additional tickets. When the profile it set up, it will have a ticket options box with the applicable variations (Early Bird, Member, Regular, Student, VIP and so on); the purchasers then select their choice, quantity, check out and pay.
2. Is there a way to get people who are not legible for a ticket, but buy it anyway? – Ticket purchasers can cheat, but they will not get away with it. The Master Guest Lists contain the full name, location, variation and quantities purchased by each payee. For example, if Steve is not a student and bought a student ticket, it will say so on the guest list; if he cannot prove he is a student at the door, you can charge him the difference or do as you please.
3. Can tickets be exchanged? – No, except otherwise instructed by the ticket vendor, but the ticket purchaser is not obligated to accept the exchange ticket in place of a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions on Sales
1. Is there a back end through which I can monitor sales? – Unfortunately, there is no back-end through which you can monitor sales. However, you can request for regular updates via email.
2. Can I get updates in order to monitor sales? – Yes, but we have a duty to protect the privacy of the buyers; the updates will have the quantity and variations of the tickets sold, but not the names. The names of the ticket purchasers will only appear on the Master Guest List.
3. How frequently will I get updates on sales? – You have the option to receive updates daily or weekly.
Frequently Asked Questions on Master Guest List
1. How do I get the Master Guest List? – The Master Guest List is usually prepared and sent via email to the designated contact (provided in the form) one (1) hour before the doors open at the event; to this effect, ticket sales via CollegeTix close ninety (90) minutes before the doors open. For a fee, it is also prepared and sent via email to organizers with used the online registration feature.
Frequently Asked Questions on Payment Options
1. What payment options are available? – Payees can securely pay via all major credit cards, debit cards (processed by Pay Pal for US and Interac for Canada) and Pay Pal.
2. Who receives the payments? – The funds are received by The SKA Group Inc. (the parent company of Sylver Productions). The money is held until the commencement of the event in case of refunds.
Frequently Asked Questions on Money
1. What is the process of obtaining refunds? – CollegeTix™ charges ticket purchasers a refund fee of $1.50CAD per ticket. The SKA Group Inc. may issue refunds only after/within (15) business days from the date of the purchase.
2. Who is responsible for the processing fees? – The ticket seller/vendor is entitled to choose to be exclusively liable and responsible for the processing fees associated with the ticket sales as well as all city, municipal, county, district, state and federal taxes or choose to charge the ticket purchasers a service fee of 3% + $0.55CAD per ticket to cover the processing fees associated with the ticket sales.
3. When do I get my money back? – You get the balance of your sales within fifteen (15) business days after the date of the event / the date CollegeTix™ ceases ticket sales for event.
4. How do I get my money back? – Depending on the total amount and your preference, the balance can be sent via Bank Draft/Money Order, Interac eTransfer or Pay Pal.
Frequently Asked Questions on Discrepancies
1. What happens if ticket purchasers believe they purchased tickets for an event, but it did not go through? – A purchase may be have uncompleted if the order was not processed or there was an error. In such a situation, CollegeTix™ will provide the organizer with a Discrepancy Form to give to such ticket purchasers at the venue.
2. What is the Discrepancy Form? – It is a form which will obtain information on the ticket purchaser and allow CollegeTix™ research and follow-up on whether said ticket purchasers already paid for event tickets.
3. What happens if the tickets were already paid for? – If the ticket purchaser(s) already paid, the information on the discrepancy form(s) will be destroyed.
4. What happens if the tickets were not already paid for? – CollegeTix™ will use the information to charge the ticket purchaser(s) for attendance at the event. It is the organizer’s responsibility to ensure the Discrepancy Form is filled out accurately. Any inaccuracies may result in non-payment to the organizer of said purchaser’s ticket.
5. How are legal issues addressed? – Please motion the cursor over the legal tab and read our Terms & Conditions of Use for Buyers and our Terms & Conditions of Use for Sellers very carefully.
If you have any concerns or questions that were not properly/sufficiently addressed, please do not hesitate to contact us.